Heidi runs a private therapy practice offering Play Therapy, Parenting Support and an Early Intervention Service.
Heidi has worked with children from age 2 to 16 years with a wide variation of abilities. As a mother of four, Heidi has an excellent understanding of the challenges faced by parents in supporting their children growing up in today’s world.
Heidi has extensive experience, beginning her career as an educator at preschool and primary levels. She has worked in both mainstream and special education sectors for over 20 years. She gained her qualification in Disability Studies and Inclusion from UCC while working as an Early Intervention Specialist.
Her experience of Play Therapy as a powerful tool in her work with clients led to her qualifying with a Master’s Degree in Play Therapy. Heidi provides play therapy for children with a wide range of emotional and behavioural difficulties such as bereavement, anxiety, anger, separation/divorce, bullying/bullied, self-esteem issues, trauma and learning difficulties.
Heidi utilizes a strengths-based, child-centred focus. She will work together with parents and carers to evaluate the child, create an individual treatment plan, establish development goals, and monitor progress.
Area of Interest:
Heidi has specialist training in working with children with ASD, supporting their development in the areas of play, language, relationship skills and can offer adapted play therapy for non-verbal children.
- M.A. in Play Therapy (CIT)
- Certificate in Inclusion (UCC)
- Higher Diploma in Disability Studies (UCC)
- Montessori Primary Education Higher Diploma (AMI) Age 3-12 years
- Safe and Sound Protocol ( Dr . Stephen Porges )
- PECS Training (Pyramid Educational Consultants)
- Continuing Professional Development (ICEP)
- Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Dyslexia: Identification and Effective Interventions
- PCPSI Training – Holly Bridges – Autism, Anxiety & the A.R.T. of Body Cognition
- PCPSI Training – Dr . Daniel Siegel – Developmental Trauma – An Interpersonal Neurobiological Approach to Transforming Developmental Trauma Into Integration & Resiliency